Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Grape Sorbet


Organic grapes are still available so I decided to make sorbet.  I just checked out The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz from the library.  His recipe called for corn syrup.  I am not a fan of corn syrup so, I pulled out my book Gourmet Sweets Desserts for Every Occasion and combined the two recipes.



Grape Sorbet
from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
and
Gourmet Sweets
adapted and combined

2 cups of grapes
1T water
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2t lemon juice
1T vodka

~ remove grapes from stems
~ place in a non-reactive pot add water, cover and cook over medium heat until the skins have burst and the grapes are soft
~ let cool
~ blend grapes 
~ add sugar, lemon and vodka
~ blend
~ freeze according to ice cream makers instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...