Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Dry Smoked Turkey Breast


Smoked turkey is the best turkey and lucky for me I just happen to have a stove-top smoker, woohoo!   About a year ago, I was wandering down the aisles of Target (a favorite pastime) and stumbled across this Stovetop Kettle Smoker by Nordic Ware for 75% off.  I of course have an outdoor smoker, but it is a pain and often home to black widows.  Another problem solved (thank you Target), now I can smoke my turkey, salmon...fear free.






 smoked turkey breast salad with balsamic vinegar dressing

Dry Smoked Turkey Breast
from Me

1 kosher turkey breast (the best because it is brined)
honey
freshly cracked pepper
smoked paprika (just because I bought it and have never really used it)
mesquite chips

~ put chips in smoker and drip pan
~ place turkey on grill rack
~ spread honey on turkey and season with pepper and smoked paprika
~ put the lid on it, open vent slightly, place thermometer 
~ turn on exhaust fan
~ turn burner on medium high until smokes appears from vent
~ close vent and turn down burner to medium low
~ smoke 45-50 minutes 
~ check internal temperature thickest part of breast should read 170 degrees


1 comment:

  1. Chips in the drip pan? I'm new to stovetop smoker and just need to clarify...first smoke tonight while camping

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...