Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day


Mother's Day weekend an unexpected cool day, we dined alfresco and gardened.  Find of the year, for the garden, a sprinkler add-on that gives you a drip line.  These wonders we found at Lowes.  Needless to say, I am the happy lazy caretaker of eight new fruit filled pots - blueberries, seedless mandarins, limequat and blood orange and my greenhouse now has a sprinkler system.  I resume my lazy gardening ways.

My youngest and I spent an hour pulling out mass amounts of mint that enveloped our blackberries.  As we peeled away the green wrapping, lovey dark rich purple berries spilled out.  I was deemed the picker since the barbs hurt and the little one became a walking wounded.  All in all, a wonderful day for all of us...

1 comment:

  1. I envy you your berries. What a nice way to spend Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...