Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Basic Roasted Chicken


I got a new toy oh ay oh (80's song).  Don't you just love wonderfully fun gifts, I do!  Mine? A Char Broil Big Easy Infrared Turkey Fryer.  A ring of fire cooks the meat while a center drain in the middle catches all of the fat.  I would rate it a 9 out of 10: easy clean up, juicy chickens (only thing I cooked thus far), minus 1 because I thought the chicken skin would have a snap crispness and it lacks that.  Chickens cook 15 minutes per pound.  It can also cook turkey and beef.

I cooked two chickens in one hour

big and easy

Basic Roasted Chicken
from Me

1 organic kosher whole chicken
2T extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
garlic minced

~ make a mixture with the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic
~ loosen chicken skin and rub mixture on and under skin
~ place in Big Easy 15 minutes per pound or in covered cast iron pot 400 degrees until instant read thermometer reads 165 in thickest part of chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...