Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Braised Lima Bean



  I really like lima beans so, when I spotted this recipe I flew into action and it is delicious and easy.

 Braised Lima Beans
from Madhur Jaffrey
Far Eastern Cookery
adapted

2 chives
2 1/2 cups frozen baby lima beans
3T safflower oil
1/4t sea salt
1 cup organic chicken stock
1/2t sugar
1+T sesame oil

~ cut chives into very small pieces using kitchen shears 
~ defrost lima beans in warm water
~ warm large cast iron skillet over high heat
~ add oil
~ when oil is hot add the lima beans
~ stir for 30 seconds
~ add salt, stock and sugar
~ cover and cook on high heat for 6-7 minutes or until beans are just tender
~ remove lid and boil away all of the liquid
~ add chives and sesame oil
~ toss and serve

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of limas! This side dish is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...