Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

corned beef and cabbage


One of my favorite meals is corned beef and cabbage yet I never make it.  I looked through my pressure cooker cookbooks and to my surprise I came up empty handed.  Google to the rescue!  The first search page had a recipe from food.com with rave reviews.  I decided to give it a try.

My review:::  eh, it took me 3 hours from start to finish.  The beef was a bit dry and the vegetables over cooked.  Below is my adaptation to hopefully make the recipe right.

Corned Beef and Cabbage
from Food.com
adapted

4 cups water
2 1/2 pound corned beef
3 garlic cloves quartered
2 bay leaves
5 organic carrots
2 heads of baby cabbages cut into 8 wedges
6 organic potatoes quartered

~ place water in pressure cooker and bring to boil
~ add the beef and skim, skim, skim
~ add the garlic and bay leaves
~ secure the lid and bring to high pressure
~ cook 1 hour 
~ quick release pressure
~ add vegetables and bring to high pressure
~ cook 4 minutes
~ quick release pressure
~ serve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...