Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Curried Couscous


My kids love couscous, plain.  I love couscous because it is so easy to make.  We all love curry so when I saw this recipe, I knew we had to give it a try.  It was spectacular the day I made it as well as those that followed.  Spices what would we do without them?

Side note: I want to know how Ina Garten keeps her hair so beautiful and shiny.  When ever I watch her on TV I am not only envious of her delicious food but her hair too!

Curried Couscous
from Ina Garten
The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
adapted

1 1/2 cups couscous
1T unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1/4 cup plain organic yogurt
1/8 cup olive oil
1t white wine vinegar
1t curry powder
1/2t ground turmeric
3/4t sea salt
1t freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup grated organic carrots
1/2 cup mined italian parsley or 1/8 cup freeze dried parsley
3 chives cut into small pieces
1/4 cup diced red onion

~ boil water in pot
~ turn off heat
~ add butter to water and allow to melt
~ add couscous and cover for about 5 minutes
~ remove lid and fluff
~ put couscous in medium bowl
~ whisk together yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, curry, turmeric, salt and pepper
~ pour over couscous
~ add carrots, parsley, chives and red onion
~ season to taste
~ serve at room tempature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...