Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Roasted Lemon Potatoes


I love potatoes.  The other adult in the house likes rice. I trump since I cook.  The little people like both.   

Even with the winter chill, my herbs and citrus are bountiful.  Nothing is better than walking outside to pick my ingredients.  Exciting gardening news for me, the little green house is up and filled with herbs, vegetables and flowers.

fresh oregano
freshly picked meyers lemon


Roasted Lemon Potatoes
from Sara Moulton Cooks at Home
adapted

2 pounds organic red potatoes cut into cubes
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1T chopped fresh oregano
3T chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup or less extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground pepper and kosher salt

~ preheat oven 450
~ cut and soak potatoes
~ drain and dry potatoes
~ toss with lemon juice and let sit 5 minutes or more for brighter lemon flavor
~ add oregano, parsley, olive oil, salt, and pepper to potatoes and toss
~ transfer to a shallow baking dish
~ roast stirring occasionally until golden brown about 35 minutes
~ serve hot

I thought this dish was better the next morning as hash browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...