Summer time is here! Yep 107 today...sizzling, so fresh, light and easy is in order. I know I have a hit when they finish eating and shout out "I want the left-overs for lunch tomorrow!!!"
From our garden:
arugula, italian parsley and peach
Korean-Style Chicken Sandwich
By Grace ParisiAdapted
¼ cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup low-sodium tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of visible fat
Vegetable oil, for brushing
1 bunch arugula
1 small bunch Italian parsley
1. Heat a cast iron grill pan over medium high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine hoisin sauce with the soy sauce, honey, grated ginger, minced garlic, chili-garlic sauce and sesame oil.
3. Season the barbecue sauce with salt and pepper.
4. Brush the grill lightly with vegetable oil
5. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Grill the chicken, turning occasionally, until golden and almost cooked through, about 10 minutes.
7. Brush with the barbecue sauce and grill, turning and brushing, until golden brown, about 3 minutes longer. Reserve 1/3 of sauce
8. Transfer the chicken to a work surface and let stand for 5 minutes, then cut it into 1/2-inch strips.
9. Cut the rolls in half and brush with oil.
10. Grill both sides until toasted.
11. Mix mayonnaise and remaining barbeque sauce and spread on toasted roll.
12. Add chicken, arugula and parsley