Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chorizo, Red Pepper, and Potato Galette with Arugula

Yesterday, I sat with a stack of magazines as my car's oil was changed.  Sweating as I ripping out pages of interesting recipes and planning a small plates feast. We need refreshing food in the blazing hot humid desert.  Vegetables cool and crisp, small plates the perfect solution to the aggravating weather.  






Fabulous flavor and so quick to throw together and I might add, most impressive looking.  Well mine not so impressive, but after 2 hours at the auto shop, I had my car aligned as well, every wanted food so I just smacked it together.  I micro'd the potatoes and roasted the pepper over my gas flame.
Chorizo, Red Pepper, and Potato Galette with Arugula
from Sunset Magazine
adapted

1 sheet puff pastry
3oz+ Basque-style sheep's-milk cheese or manchego, thinly sliced
3oz+ Spanish-style vegetarian chorizo broken up into bite size pieces
1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cooked and thinly sliced
1 large roasted organic red bell peppers, thinly sliced and patted dry
2 cups loosely packed organic baby arugula
1t sherry vinegar
1/2t extra-virgin olive oil

~ preheat oven to 425°
~ lay out a sheet of parchment paper
~ roll puff pastry to 1/4" thickness
~ set on a rimless baking sheet.
~ leaving a 2-in. border, scatter cheese, chorizo, potatoes, and peppers over dough
~ fold dough edges over filling
~ bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes
~ toss arugula with vinegar and oil in a small bowl until coated
~ scatter over galette
~ cut into wedges and serve immediately.

6 comments:

  1. This looks delightful and you've made some wonderful topping choices. I particularly like the baby arugula - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the ingredients, great quick fix meal-Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a combo of puff pastry, chorizo, potatoes, and baby arugula this is sure to be a winner. Looks beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this galette: it looks like a great alternative to pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful! Almost like pizza, only better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking in from FoodBuzz. Thanks for the friend request. This looks delish and very colorful! Feel free to stop by my blog and say hello!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...