Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Lemon Stir Fry Chicken with Bittman


Yesterday in between drop offs and pick ups as well as shopping Targets 75% off garden sale, I whipped together dinner.  My kids are huge fans of sweet and sour chicken and I am still searching for that perfect no fry recipe so in the meantime I thought I would throw a little Mark Bittman in their direction.  First question, Is this sweet and sour chicken???  Yummmmm.  Unfortunately, there were no left overs and I was asked to repeat for lunch today.  Repeat a recipe???  I have hundreds of books and recipes left to explore.  Perhaps in a year or two.





Lemon Chicken Stir Fry

from: The Best Recipes In The World by Mark Bittman

adaptation:

served 5+
quick and delicious

3lbs boneless chicken thighs (organic at Costco or Trader Joe's)
scallions/chives (from my garden)
1/2 inch piece of ginger peeled and chopped
3T soy sauce
1T oyster sauce ( vegetarian)
1t Shaoxing wine
black pepper 1/4 t or what ever you choose to grind
safflower oil
1/4c fresh lemon juice ( love my neighbors meyer lemon tree)
1/2 c chicken stock
2T honey
2t cornstatch

salt or no salt to taste


~marinate chicken in chive, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, wine and pepper one to two hours
~heat wok or stainless steel pan
~add 3T oil and heat
~add chicken until pinkness is gone
~stir in ginger 10 secs
~add soy sauce, oyster sauce, wine, pepper (marinade)
~ also add lemon juice, stock, honey, cornstarch
~mix and combine
~cook until sauce thickens
~plate on top of rice
~garnish with additional chives


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...